Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Grandparents' Day

I know this info is late, but I'm trying to get caught up on all the things I've missed in the last few weeks. On September 7th, Gigi (Adam's mom) and Jack (her friend and a very sweet man) came for a visit. That same evening, Adam surprised us by coming home from Germany a day early. He didn't even call to say he would be early, I just looked outside and saw him drive in. Needless to say, we were all excited that he was home early. The very next day was Grandparents' Day at the boys' school and Gigi and Jack were here for that! Believe it or not, the boys had all 6 of their grandparents there!! I don't know if any other children had that many grandparents with them, but we all agreed that John-William and Jackson should have gotten some kind of award for the most grandparents!! Grandma and Grandpa (Adam's dad and stepmom) were there first, then Ninny (my mom) arrived and Gigi and Jack got there with John-William and Jackson. PawPaw, my dad, even made it in off the train in time, which he didn't think would happen. The school served bagels, muffins, doughnuts and juice and there was a very good turnout -- over 400 people were served! The boys really loved having their grandparents with them for breakfast that morning and I'm so glad that they were all able to be there.

No comments: