Sunday, August 20, 2006

Superguy's Party Supplies

In case you're wondering who Superguy is, this is a conversation I heard walking in the door a few days ago:

Jackson: "Don't do that anymore, Michael."
Michael: "Call my name Tuperguy!"

He still has that 3-year-old lisp, so his s's come out as t's. But, he informed his older brother that he was Superguy. So, that's what we call him now (sometimes). His birthday party is in 3 weeks, so we went to the party store yesterday afternoon to pick out his party supplies. What did he pick out? Madagascar, of course! Part of me thought he would choose Superman, part of me knew that he wouldn't. He did get excited when he saw Superman, but he also got excited over Strawberry Shortcake (he doesn't even know who she is, much less that she's a "girl" party), Sponge Bob, Cars (the movie), Hot Wheels, dinosaurs, frogs and lizards, Batman, Scooby Doo, Nemo (last year's theme), Elmo and probably a couple of others. As we walked down the aisle, there was a different design about every 2 feet and each time he saw a new one he would say, "I want that one!" When we got to the end, I asked him which one he wanted and he said, "I want all of them!" It was so sweet. But, we finally narrowed it down to one and he chose Madagascar. Today he told me he wanted a Scooby Doo party. I told him he chose the Madagascar supplies and said that he wanted that and his reply was that he wanted both of them. Madagascar it is, though. So, now to send out the invitations and prepare for a 4-year-old's birthday party.

No comments: