Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Rainy Saturday morning...


turned into a beautiful Saturday afternoon! Of course, waking up to rain on Saturday almost always means going back to sleep. Which was exactly what I did this morning and it felt great! We were all very tired from a long week of travel, play and getting back to school. The boys had to get up about an hour and a half earlier on Thursday and Friday than they had been getting up! I wasn't planning on it being such a huge difference in time, but with us being out of town we were all sleeping in a little. Anyway, we slept in and got some rest today. Then, we took the boys over to my parents' house (Ninny and PawPaw) to ride the 4-wheelers and play in the pool. My brother, sister-in-law and nephew were there, so we visited for a while and had a nice time. Michael rode the 4-wheeler by himself for the first time today! He rides with his brothers and Trent (my nephew) on a regular basis, but he drove Grady's (my other nephew) 4-wheeler all by himself today. He was very excited. By the way, that rain that we got this morning was much needed and appreciated. We've been needing a respite from the heat and dry weather so badly and we're very glad we got it. So glad that we didn't hear one complaint about waking up to a gloomy-looking Saturday or the fact that we didn't think we'd be able to swim. Of course, the sun came out and warmed everything up, so the boys did play in the pool for a while today, too.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Karen!!
I love your blog. I am trying to put a link from you blog to mine. Hoper fully I can get it to go through. Congratulations on your preganancy. I will keep you in our prayers and even pray for that little girl that you want. I'll write you soon.
God Bless You,
Jen