Monday, December 25, 2006

Holiday Gatherings

With the Christmas holidays here (and almost gone), we have been very busy. I haven't updated in a while, so I'll give a brief summary of some of the things we've done and then also post pictures from this morning.

We had a nice Thanksgiving Day that I haven't reported on yet. We always have lunch at my parents' house with my mom's side of the family. My aunt, uncles and their kids and grandkids come for the day and we always have fun. There are usually a few 4-wheelers and a golf cart there and the kids enjoy taking (supervised) rides on those. We also went to Kym and Rod's (Adam's sister and brother-in-law) house that afternoon and ate dinner with them, Adam's parents and grandparents. That was a nice visit and the boys always enjoy spending time with their cousins.

On December 10th, we had lunch with my dad's side of the family for the annual family holiday dinner. My aunts and uncles take turns hosting the dinner at their homes on the farm where I grew up. It's always nice to see the family members that I usually only see once or twice a year and to catch up in person with those I communicate with on a regular basis.

Saturday, December 16th was a Christmas get-together with my mom's side of the family again. Since we gather at my parents' for Thanksgiving, we all go to my aunt's house for Christmas. All of my cousins can't always make it to my parents' on Thanksgiving, but they're usually at my aunt's for Christmas. Most of us have our own children now, so the boys always have a good time playing with their cousins there.

No comments: