Thursday, January 03, 2008

He's here!!!!

I know it's been a week, but I've been a little busy. Our newest baby boy, Anthony Joel, arrived on Thursday, December 27th at 1:41 p.m. He weighed 7 lbs, 14 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. My labor wasn't real long, only 6 hours from the time they broke my water until he was born, but only about 4 1/2 hours from the time that my labor really started until he was born. He's healthy and happy and we're thrilled to finally have him here with us!!! Here are some pics:

A few last pregnancy shots -- Christmas night at Kym's house and then the morning of his birth. I had to take one last belly shot before heading to the hospital. :)
















Waiting patiently for his arrival:





The proud big brothers waiting in my room...





Normally, they would NEVER be allowed to sit on a hospital floor, but the room was crowded and they were keeping themselves busy by coloring, so it worked! There weren't very many chairs in the Labor & Delivery room and I certainly wasn't going to ask the grandparents to stand or sit in the floor. LOL So, the boys colored and they were so good during all of the waiting, it was just amazing. Our L&D nurse told us initially that the family could come in for visits but wouldn't be allowed to stay, especially the kids. I was afraid that she was going to try to make them leave, but the boys were so well behaved that she let them stay as long as I wanted. She even told us once they did go out for a break that they were so good. She said a lot of kids come in there and are loud and running around and she can't let them stay very long but she commended us on our boys' behavior. That certainly makes a mama feel good!

Okay, now for the baby's pictures. I just had to make sure that big brothers got their due, too. Anthony's very first picture, only a couple of minutes after he was born:






Daddy holding him for the first time:

2 comments:

Lissa said...

He's beautiful Karen! Congrats!!!

Tanya said...

He's so cute! I loved reading the birth story! Congratulations!!