Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Baby Update

Okay, I know I'm really late! In fact, I have so many other things to update that it's somewhat overwhelming and when I do have a few minutes, I don't feel like I can really even get started because there's so much to post. But, I want to post this update from last week. Yes, I know, I'm even a week late on this!! But, we saw the OB last week and not only did we find out that I'm already progressing (1 cm dilated and 50% effaced), we now have an induction date set!! Due to my history of fast labors (my entire labor with Michael was only 1 hour, 23 minutes!) and the boys coming earlier and earlier (3 days, 9 days, 11 days respectively), we've decided that it's best to go ahead and induce and try to avoid me going into labor on my own and chancing not making it to the hospital. So, on the 19th (one week from tomorrow!!!), we're having an amniocentesis to check the baby's lung maturity. We'll get the results the next day and as long as his lungs are mature, we're inducing on Friday the 21st! If all goes well, we'll have our baby in 10 days and be home in time for Christmas. Woo Hoo!! We go back to the OB tomorrow, so I should have a little more info then, at least on the progression. But, for now, we're planning to have a baby in 10 days. Boy, do I have a lot to do!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

How exciting Karen!! I know you guys will be thrilled to have this new little bundle in your home for his first Christmas and New Year! We are praying for you and wish you all the best!
Lots of Love to you, Adam and the boys,
Jen